2. When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Jvzoo’ it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Sites.
The type of personal information we collect
4. We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Sites.
5. The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, member names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments (if applicable), content you direct us to make available on our Sites (such as item descriptions), your actions on our Sites (including any selections or inputs into items) and web and email analytics data. We will also collect personal information from job applications (such as, your CV, the application form itself, cover letter and interview notes).
How we collect personal information
6. We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Sites, or through other people when you use services associated with the Sites.
7. We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete membership registration and buy or provide items or services on our Sites, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
8. As the operator of digital content marketplaces, we have a legitimate interest in verifying the identity of our authors. We believe that knowing who our authors are will strengthen the integrity of our marketplaces by reducing fraud, making authors more accountable for their content and giving Jvzoo and customers the ability to enforce contracts for authors who break the rules. Jvzoo also has certain legal obligations that require us to know who our authors are in certain circumstances. In light of this, if you are an author we will verify your identity, in particular, your name, full address and date of birth by asking you to show us a Photo ID document. The verification procedure is called Jvzoo Verify. Jvzoo Verify will be carried out by our service provider Jumio Corporation located at 395 Page Mill Road, Suite 150, Palo Alto, California, USA. As part of Jvzoo Verify, you will be asked to take a selfie which will then be compared against your Photo ID document using facial recognition technology. We will use your Photo ID document solely to carry out Jvzoo Verify and delete it after the completion of this process.
Personal information we collect about you from others
9. Although we generally collect personal information directly from you, on occasion, we also collect certain categories of personal information about you from other sources. In particular:
* financial and/or transaction details from payment providers located in the US, UK, and Australia in order to process a transaction;
* third party service providers (like Google, Facebook) who are located in the US or UK, which may provide information about you when you link, connect, or login to your account with the third party provider and they send us information such as your registration and profile from that service, this only occurs if you are using Jvzoo Studio. The information varies and is controlled by that service provider or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service provider; and
* other third party sources/and or partners from Australia, US or UK, whereby we receive additional information about you (to the extent permitted by applicable law), such as demographic data or fraud detection information, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification service. We also receive information about you and your activities on and off the Jvzoo platform through partnerships, or about your experiences and interactions from our partner ad networks. We also receive information about you as a rights holder from our third party authors. For example, information in the form of a model release when your image is used in an item made available on our Sites.
How we use personal information
10. We will use your personal information:
* To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Sites, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
* Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests.
* For purposes which are required by law.
* For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
When we disclose your personal information
11. We will disclose personal information to the following recipients
* companies that are in the Jvzoo group which are located in Australia, Mexico and the US;
* if applicable, authors of any items or services made available to you, so they can facilitate support and license validation, who maybe located in any of the countries our products are available in;
* subcontractors and service providers who assist us in connection with the ways we use personal information (as set out above), in particular: website hosting providers which are located in Australia, US and UK; technical and customer support services which are located in Australia, Canada, Philippines, Poland, Mexico, Romania, UK and the US; recruitment agencies which are located in Australia, US and Mexico; marketing and analytics services which are located in the US; security and fraud prevention services which are located in the US; subscription management services which are located in the US; payment processing services which are located in the US, UK and Australia; identification verification services located in the UK; and operational tooling services which are located in the US. Noting that our subcontractors and services providers may also transfer and access such information from other countries in which they have operations;
* a purchaser or prospective purchaser of all or part of our assets or our business, and their professional advisers, in connection with the purchase;
* a third party to respond to requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity;
* a third party, in order to enforce or defend our rights, or to address financial or reputational risks;
* a rights holder in relation to an allegation of intellectual property infringement or any other infringement; and
other recipients where we are authorised or required by law, or requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities, to do so.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
12. We are based in Australia and Mexico so your data will be processed in Australia, Mexico and the US. Some of the recipients we have described in section 10 above, and to whom we disclose your personal information, are based in places like Australia, Canada, Ireland, Mexico, Philippines, Poland, Romania, UK, the US, India and Columbia. We do this on the basis of this policy. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
13. We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in Australia, Ireland, Mexico and the US. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
14. You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Sites at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact our privacy champion using the contact details at the end of this policy.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
15. Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
16. You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
18. When you visit our Sites, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
* your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
* the domain name you requested;
* the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
* the date and time of your visit to the website;
* the length of your session;
* the pages which you have accessed;
* the number of times you access our site within any month;
* the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
* the website which referred you to our Sites;
* the operating system which your computer uses; and
* the technical capabilities of your web browser.
Information about children
20. Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our Sites or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Sites for you!). If you are from 16 to 18 years, you can browse the Sites but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.